What is Pupil Premium?
The information below is taken directly from the Department for Education website. and explains what Pupil Premium is and how it is allocated:
In the 2018 to 2019 financial year, schools will receive the following funding for each pupil registered as eligible for free school meals (FSM) at any point in the last 6 years:
- £1,320 for pupils in reception to year 6
- £935 for pupils in year 7 to year 11
Schools will receive £2,300 for any pupil: identified in the January 2018 school census or the alternative provision census as having left local authority care as a result of:
- a special guardianship order
- a child arrangements order (previously known as a residence order)
- who has been in local authority care for 1 day or more
- recorded as both eligible for FSM in the last 6 years and as being looked after (or as having left local authority care)
For pupils who attract the £2,300 rate, the virtual school head of the local authority that looks after the pupil will manage the funding.